Maps - Control the content and display characteristics of the map
Selecting a specific Map Theme displays a group of complimentary map layers depicting a topic of interest.
For Example, selecting Zoning will refresh the map with the Zoning districts and complimentary layers visible.
The default map theme is Parcels.
A quick / easy way to display a particular year of orthophotography under a given map theme.
Basemap is the default basemap and displays the most current photography.
This option provides detailed control over map content and display characteristics.
Toggles On/ Off the data layers and labels in the map view.
Provides the ability to adjust the opacity of layers within a group with 0 being fully transparent and 100 being fully opaque.
The main feature layers within the the map reside under under the Map Layers group.
Symbolize Parcels based on numeric descriptive data.
Creates a shaded map based on a numeric value.
- Click on the Theme dropdown to choose a field to use for symbolization.
- Click on the Method dropdown to choose from available classification methods.
- Click on the Classes dropdown to choose the number of classes represented.
- Click on the Color dropdown to choose the map display color.
- Adjust Opacity to the desired level by using the slider and note the result.
Displays the map legend for all visible map layers
Provides a frame of reference for the current map extent with respect to the jurisdictional boundary.
The overview map also can be toggled by clicking the arrow in the lower right corner of the map view.
Create and label short-cuts to locations of interest on the map.
- To add a bookmark, navigate to the area of interest.
- Click Add Bookmark and type a name into the text box.
- The default name is Untitled.
- The pencil icon edits bookmark name.
- The X icon deletes bookmark.
- Municipalities are already bookmarked.
Bookmarks are stored in browser cookies and will persist until browser cookies are cleared. Depending on the browser used and how history is managed, bookmarks may or may not persist from one session to another.
Produces a paper map or a PDF of the map.
Prints a map with an optional title.
If a feature is selected, you will see the option to include the data table which will look like this:
However, it is recommended to leave this option unchecked, print only the map and download a CSV file if descriptive information is required.
- The default map scale is the initial scale of an area when navigating to the area.
- To set a scale other than default, choose the desired scale from the dropdown menu.
- When the scale is selected, the map will be displayed at the specified scale in the Print Preview window.
Map Paper Size and Orientation:
- The default paper size is 8.5" x 11". Click on the dropdown to select an alternative paper size.
- To change the default page orientation from Portrait to Landscape, click the appropriate Orientation button.